The Sumitomo Electric Group, whose technology is mainly used behind the scenes, manufactures a multitude of products that are absolutely essential to society today. Examples include:
- Power cables installed across mountains, valleys and the sea – in order to supply electricity
- Cutting tools underpinning manufacturing at factories all over the world
- Wiring harnesses laid throughout automobiles and functioning like human blood vessels and nerves
- Flexible printed circuits contributing to reducing size and enhancing performance of mobile terminals
- Optical fibre, an indispensable part of infrastructure for an advanced information society.
For further information on its business segments, please refer to the details below.
The Sumitomo Electric Group is well ahead of its competitors in the automotive industry, due to its advanced technologies which are used to reliably transmit power and information throughout automobiles via wiring harnesses, despite intense vibration and heat.
The Sumitomo Electric Group‘s offerings of optical fibres and cables, fusion splicers and tools, as well as optical communication components and devices, are vital in the current communication infrastructure, which is an essential part of our social infrastructure.
The diverse range of raw, wiring and other materials supplied by the Sumitomo Electric Group have supported the evolution of various electronic equipment, including smartphones and other mobile devices, automobiles and aviation equipment throughout the world.
Environment and Energy
We deploy our business resources and technical expertise as a general power cable manufacturer to help build energy systems on a global scale. In a word, we smelt, solidify and roll copper.
We innovate tangible solutions to social challenges by leveraging our world-class technology. Materials produced by the Sumitomo Electric Group have evolved on the basis of its thin copper wire-making technology.