Solutions to Telecom Requirements
Optical Ribbon Fibre Cables
- As increasing lengths of optical fibre cables are installed due to growing demand for optical networks, small-diameter optical fibre cables – that offer improved housing efficiency at installation locations – are playing an active role.
- Sumitomo Electric supports optical communication networks with a variety of products, including ultra-high fibre count optical cables adapted to the demand for high-density wiring.
Fibre Management & Closures
- Optical closures that connect and branch cables in any required area.
- Splicing cabinets that provide controlled access to splices and ample slack storage.
- High-density fibre patch panels that are designed with the flexibility to house high-density cassettes or LGX cassettes, along with our pre-terminated line-ups to fit your needs.
Optical Fibre Fusion Splicers and Tools
- Optical fibre fusion splicers and tools are indispensable for building optical networks.
- With the use of electrical discharge, fusion splicers connect optical fibers that are made of glass, quickly and easily.
- As the first fusion splicer in the world to incorporate AI technology, it can constantly achieve high-quality splicing, regardless of the environment or user skills.
- Thin glass optical fibre is a high-performance transmission medium.
- It can carry optical signals within it and propagate them over dozens of kilometres.
- Optical fibre is free from electromagnetic induction noise and so features stable, high-speed communication over long distances.
- Electron devices are important components to achieve wireless communication.
- They are used for base stations of 5G/6G mobile communication systems, which are required to be more power-efficient and compact, satellite communication, which are required to ensure high reliability, and radar for air traffic control, vessels and meteorological observation.
Optical Transmission Components
- Optical transmission components are essential components for optical communication in transmitting information, such as videos and audio data, by means of light.
- High-speed, low-power-consumption and compact optical transmission/reception devices and optical transceivers that integrate these devices are used to connect households, stations, data centers and cities to achieve long-haul large-capacity data communication.