World Leader and Pioneer in Fibre Optics Technologies
Our expertise, know–how and experience as a world leader and pioneer in fibre optics technologies enable us to deliver cutting–edge solutions to meet the diverse needs of users in the data centre sector.
Our comprehensive range of data centre connectivity products provide the perfect fit for your requirements.
Solutions to Data Centre Requirements
Optical Ribbon Fibre Cables
- As increasing lengths of optical fibre cables are installed due to growing demand for optical networks, small-diameter optical fibre cables – that offer improved housing efficiency at installation locations – are playing an active role.
- Sumitomo Electric supports optical communication networks with a variety of products, including ultra-high fibre count optical cables adapted to the demand for high-density wiring.
Fibre Management & Closures
- Optical closures that connect and branch cables in any required area.
- Splicing cabinets that provide controlled access to splices and ample slack storage.
- High-density fibre patch panels that are designed with the flexibility to house high-density cassettes or LGX cassettes, along with our pre-terminated line-ups to fit your needs.
Optical Fibre Fusion Splicers and Tools
- Optical fibre fusion splicers and tools are indispensable for building optical networks.
- With the use of electrical discharge, fusion splicers connect optical fibers that are made of glass, quickly and easily.
- As the first fusion splicer in the world to incorporate AI technology, it can constantly achieve high-quality splicing, regardless of the environment or user skills.
- Thin glass optical fibre is a high-performance transmission medium.
- It can carry optical signals within it and propagate them over dozens of kilometres.
- Optical fibre is free from electromagnetic induction noise and so features stable, high-speed communication over long distances.
Optical Transmission Components
- Optical transmission components are essential components for optical communication in transmitting information, such as videos and audio data, by means of light.
- High-speed, low-power-consumption and compact optical transmission/reception devices and optical transceivers that integrate these devices are used to connect households, stations, data centers and cities to achieve long-haul large-capacity data communication.